This is my take on a tiramisu and people ALWAYS ask me for my recipe when they taste it! It's sure to be a hit at any party you bring it to or any meal you serve it at! It's the ORIGINAL no-bake recipe to boot!
If you have concerns about consuming raw eggs, feel free to substitute pasteurized eggs into
You will need:
3/4 cup sugar
17 oz mascarpone
1 package 24 packaged savoiardi a.k.a. lady finger cookies
1 1/2 cups strong coffee
4 tablespoons or more Amaretto or other liqueur
- Separate the eggs.
- Beat egg yolks and sugar with a hand mixer until thick, creamy and lightened in to a pale yellow about 2 minutes.
- Add the mascarpone and mix well.
- In a separate bowl beat the egg whites to soft peaks and gently fold into the mixture.
- In a serving dish place layer 12 lady fingers and drizzle with half of the coffee/Amaretto mixture, then a thin layer of the cream, then layer the rest of the lady fingers on top.
- Drizzle with the rest of the coffee and amaretto. Make a new layer with cream and lady fingers. Finish off with a layer of cream.
- Place in the refrigerator and leave over night or at least 8 hours.
- Dust with powdered cocoa before serving.
You can use any flavor of liquer you like, I just adore amaretto, but try kahlua or chocolate liqueur!
Made it? Tell us about it–