Just as heavenly as it sounds. Makes about 12 squares.
You will need:
1 1/2 sticks of soft butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3 Toblerone bars, broken up
1/4 cup slivered almonds
1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Cream butter and sugar together until light and airy.
- Add vanilla and flour, and beat until crumbly.
- Press the dough into a 9x9 pan covered in parchment paper.
- Bake until golden, about 15-18 minutes.
- Over a double boiller, melt the chocolate and pour over the cold shortbread.
- Sprinkle with almonds and cranberries, and let it the chocolate set before cutting into squares.
For a twist, buy a white chocolate Toblerone bar!
Made it? Tell us about it–