This recipe comes from a dear Irish friend, food blogger, and trained chef, Cliodhna Prendergast.
12 mackerel fillets
1 large tablespoon golden granulated sugar
1 large tablespoon of Maldon Salt
1 tablespoon of chopped fresh dill
1 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- On a tray covered and overlapping with cling film lay out 6 of the fillets of mackerel.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients in a bowl; it should have a sandy texture.
- Sprinkle this mixture over each of the fillets.
- Place the other 6 filets on top. Wrap up in the overlapping cling film.
- Then place another tray on top and weigh down.
- Place in the refrigerator for 12 hours.
- Remove the tray and, while still wrapped in the film, flip the fish over.
- Place the weighted tray on top again and refrigerate again for another 12 hours.
- Serve with dill and mustard dressing.
Made it? Tell us about it–