Small vanilla cakes filled with creme fraiche and raspberry jam!
Get tons of inspiration in Sweet Paul Magazine:
1 1/2 stick unsalted butter, softened+1 tablespoon for greasing the pan
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup plain flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup milk
1 cup raspberry jam, for serving
creme fraiche, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease a 12-cup muffin tin.
- Cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed until pale and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time.
- Mix in vanilla, flour, baking powder and milk.
- Mix until smooth.
- Spoon batters into muffin tin, filling about two-thirds full.
- Bake until a cake tester comes out clean, about 9-10 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Split the cupcakes down the middle and serve with raspberry jam and creme fraiche.
Made it? Tell us about it–