Makes 2 dozen
1 package active dry yeast
1/4 cup warm water
1 teaspoon honey
1 cup warm water
3 cups plain flour
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons olive oil
Tomatoes, cucumbers, radishes, squash, carrots (or any other vegetables that your kids like)
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast and honey in 1/4 cup of water.
- Let stand until bubbly, about 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, 1 cup of water, yeast mixture, salt and olive oil.
- Mix well until it becomes a smooth dough.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rise for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 390F.
- Divide the dough into 36 parts; roll out each one to a long stick about 10-12-inches long.
- Spray with water and bake until golden brown, about 12 to 15 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Cut the vegetables into slices or cubes and use a small sharp knife to make a hole on the bottom.
- Stick the breadsticks into the holes and serve.
Made it? Tell us about it–