My Very Berry Upside-Down Cake is the perfect cake to whip up for a weekend or to bring to a potluck or a party! I love to swap in whatever berries look best at the market!
3 tablespoons butter, melted
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup honey
2 cups mixed berries, I used raspberry, blackberries and blueberries
1 stick soft butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Pour the melted butter into a round or square cake pan.
- Use a brush to get the butter up on all the sides.
- Add sugar and honey and finish with a layer of berries.
- In a bowl beat sugar and butter until soft, and then add vanilla.
- Mix in the eggs one at a time.
- Add milk, mix well and stir in flour and baking powder.
- Once you have a smooth batter spoon it on top of the berries.Use a spatula to smoothen out the top.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, make sure its set before taking it out by inserting a toothpick and seeing if it comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes on a rack.
- Put a plate on top of the pan and flip it and allow to cool completely. If some of the fruit sticks on the top just scrap it out onto the cake. Don't worry.. this cake always looks gorgeous no matter what!
- Serve a little warm with sour cream or whipped cream and some fresh mint.
Made it? Tell us about it–