Creamy potato and leek soup with a rich goat cheese garnish.
2 leeks (use only the tender white parts)
2 cloves garlic, crushed
8 medium-sized potatoes
2 tablespoons butter
1¾ cups vegetable stock
¾ cup cream
½ cup crumbled goat cheese
2 tablespoons herbs, finely chopped (such as chives, oregano, or parsley)
- Rinse the white part of the leeks and slice them. (You can use the tough green parts of the leek to make salads or stir-fry.)
- Peel and cut the potatoes into chunks.
- In a soup pot, lightly sauté the leeks and garlic in the butter for a few minutes on medium heat. Be careful not to brown the leeks.
- Add the potatoes and the vegetable stock to the pot.
- Cover and let simmer on medium heat for around 30 minutes.
- Pour in the cream and purée the soup with a hand blender.
- You can reserve some of the cream for garnishing the soup before serving.
- Crumble the goat cheese into the soup and warm through before serving.
You can save and use the tougher green parts of the leek to make salads or stir-fry.
Made it? Tell us about it–