Layers of spongecake with whipped cream, berries, and jam.. there's absolutley nothing better than this!
Serves 8 to 10
- Preheat oven to 360oF. Prepare two 9-inch, round, spring-form pans by coating the bottom and sides of the pans with butter and flour.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time. Add vanilla.
- Slowly stir in flour and baking powder, and mix until you have a smooth batter.
- Pour the batter into prepared pans.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes, remove from the pans, and cool on a rack.
- For the filling: Cut the vanilla bean in half and scrape out the seeds into a medium mixing bowl with heavy cream and sugar. Beat into whipped cream.
- Place strawberries and jam in a pan and heat up for a few minutes. Set aside to cool.
- To assemble: Place one of the cakes on a nice serving platter. Spread the jam and cream on the first layer. Then place the other cake on top.
- Dust the whole cake with powdered sugar and serve.
Made it? Tell us about it–