Like cocktails? Like ice pops? Let’s combine the two and make boozy ice pops!
Makes 8 Pops
1 half of a watermelon
1 cup simple syrup
juice of 2 limes
1 cup light rum
8 lime slices
1/2 cup simple syrup
- Cut up the watermelon and place the meat in a blender. Process until it’s a liquid.
- Strain the liquid so that you only get the wonderful watermelon juice and no meat.
- In a large bowl, mix watermelon juice, simple syrup, lime juice, and rum.
- Fill each bag with a little simple syrup and a lime slice, freeze until almost solid, then pour in the watermelon mixture.
- Tie and freeze at least 8 hours.
Because alcohol does not freeze, some of these pops will not get completely frozen. They’ll all freeze a bit different; the more alcohol in them, the less hard they’ll be. Turn your freezer up high and you’ll be fine!
Made it? Tell us about it–