The moscato syrup is to-die-for! Try it on ice cream or sorbet or even pancakes!
1 lb seedless watermelon, roughly cut into cubes
6 oz fresh raspberries
1⁄3 cup edible violets, for serving (optional)
3/4 cup white sugar
5 oz Moscato or other dessert wine
5 oz watermelon flesh, chopped
1 vanilla bean, halved and seeds scraped out
Half of a fresh lime, juicedWatermelon & Raspberries with Moscato Syrup
- Combine watermelon and raspberries in a bowl and chill.
- Place sugar and dessert wine in a saucepan.
- Stir over a medium heat until sugar dissolves.
- Add extra watermelon and vanilla seeds.
- Bring to a boil and cook until thick and syrupy (about 6–8 minutes).
- Remove from heat and allow to cool completely.
- Strain syrup discarding any remaining watermelon pieces and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, stir lime juice into chilled Vanilla Syrup.
- Pour syrup over fruit and gently toss.
- Spoon onto serving plates and decorate each with edible violets.
You can use any sweet wine for this recipe!
Made it? Tell us about it–