China Squirrel has channeled her inner gypsy to create a collection of recipes and crafts using all the pretty things we love about spring.
25 fl oz water
8 fl oz freshly squeezed orange juice
1.5 lb fresh strawberries, hulls removed and roughly chopped
10 oz watermelon flesh, coarsely chopped
2 teaspoons rosewater
1 teaspoon gelatin
- Combine sugar, orange juice, and water, in a large saucepan; stir over a medium high heat until sugar dissolves.
- Bring to a boil, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add strawberries and watermelon, and cook until pulpy (4–5 minutes).
- Remove from heat, let stand for 25 minutes.
- Process with a hand-held blender, then transfer to a muslin-lined sieve placed over a large bowl and refrigerate overnight or until liquid drains to yield 1 quart. Do not press on solids or jelly will be cloudy.
- Discard solids.
- Add rosewater to strawberry liquid, then transfer 1 cup of liquid to a small saucepan.
- Add gelatin to liquid, and stir over a low heat until gelatin is dissolved.
- Return gelatin mixture to remaining strawberry liquid and stir until well combined.
- Pour jelly into 8 teacups and refrigerate overnight or until set.
Made it? Tell us about it–