Matcha matcha, say no more. This trendy flavor works in unexpected ways—even in a healthy granola bar! For your sweet tooth, we have a white chocolate bottom.
Recipes + Food Styling by Christian Hümbs & Photography by Julia Cawley
Read my Fall 2017 Issue:
MAKES ABOUT 16 BARS
¹⁄8 cup butter
1/4 cup brown sugar
1⁄3 cup honey
2 tablespoons lemon juice
11⁄3 cups rolled oats
3/4 cup mixed seeds (sunflower, sesame, flax)
2 1/2 tablespoons matcha powder
1/2 cup crushed cranberries
1 cup white chocolate
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Heat up the butter, brown sugar, honey, and lemon juice in a pan while stirring. Let everything caramelize for a couple of minutes.
- Take the pan off the heat, and add the rolled oats, seeds, matcha powder, and cranberries. Mix well.
- Pour the mix into a baking pan, about ²⁄3-inch high. Distribute everything with your fingers.
- Bake at 300° for 16 minutes.
- Let it cool down all the way, then cut into bars.
- Melt the white chocolate, and dip the bottom of the bars into it. Let cool and serve.
Made it? Tell us about it–