A really hearty yet simple soup that will keep you very satisfied.
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 yellow onion, chopped
1 carrot, sliced
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 parsnip, sliced
2 sweet potatoes, cubed
1 tablespoon tomato paste
3 cups chicken stock
salt & pepper, to taste
2 tablespoons dill, chopped
- Heat oil in a large pot.
- Sauté onion until soft.
- Add carrot, garlic, parsnip, and sweet potato.
- Stir well and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add tomato purée and stock and stir well.
- Bring soup to a boil and let it simmer for 15 minutes.
- Take out 1 cup of chopped vegetables from the soup.
- Purée the rest of the soup in a blender.
- Pour vegetables and puréed soup back into the pot.
- Season with salt, pepper, and dill and serve with good crusty bread.
Made it? Tell us about it–