Za’atar is a wonderful spice mix that really takes the chicken to new levels when paired with lemon. It’s great on fish or sprinkled on top of your salad. I love serving this chicken with some roasted vegetables
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons za’atar spice
1 lemon, just the juice
1 lemon, cut in half
- Preheat the oven to 380°F.
- Rub olive oil into the chicken and place in an ovenproof dish.
- Sprinkle za’atar over the chicken and finish with some lemon juice.
- Place the cut lemon in the pan and roast for about 20 minutes.
- Take the chicken out and let it rest 5 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with the warm lemon squeezed over it.
Za'atar as a prepared condiment is generally made with ground dried thyme, oregano, marjoram, or some combination thereof, mixed with toasted sesame seeds, and salt.
Made it? Tell us about it–