I’m always looking for ways to brighten the dark nights. This charming cottage lantern, made from easy-to-use wood veneer—my new favorite craft material—will add a warm glow to your home all year long! It’s like a gingerbread house that lasts forever.
stylus or ballpoint pen
1 millimeter or 1.5 millimeter wood veneer
craft or utility knife
hot glue gun
hot glue sticks
LED tea lights
- Download and print out the template from on this page or create your own design. Transfer the template onto the veneer using transfer paper with a stylus or ballpoint pen.
- Cut out the pieces using a regular craft knife. Cut some matches for the windows.
- Glue the pieces together, starting with the bigger pieces and moving onto the doors, shutters, and chimney.
- Once the glue is cool, use the craft knife to carefully remove any excess glue you don’t want to be seen.
- Light with LED tea lights so there’s no risk of fire.
Made it? Tell us about it–