Use something as simple and everyday as egg cartons to create these beautiful masks. They’re like a menagerie of exotic birds.
Chase the sweet things in life with Sweet Paul:
You will need:
hot glue gun
craft paint/watercolors elastic ribbon
- Cut the flaps off the carton and turn it on its side.
- Cut off the 2 top compartments to use as the mask. See how it resembles a bird with eyes and a beak?
- Use an X-acto knife to cut out holes in the center of the eyes.
- Now comes the fun part. Using the rest of the carton, cut out feathers and other features and hot glue them to your mask. You can also use regular paper to create a longer beak.
- Paint all the parts of the mask using craft paint or watercolors.
- Hot glue an elastic ribbon to the back of the masks.
I always save my egg cartons to use later for crafting!
Made it? Tell us about it–