Don't throw away those eggshells and cartons! Upcycle them into the perfect little way to start seeds at home. Why not plant that kitchen herb garden you've always wanted?
- Try to salvage eggshells next time you're cooking or baking. Rinse them out and allow to dry.
- Put the half eggshells back in the carton.
- Fill with your favorite soil.
- Add your seeds, water them, and place in a sunny place. Make sure you read the instructions for the seeds to make sure you can start them this way.
- Once the plants are large enough, plant them in a bigger pot or plant outside. I usually just squeeze the shell and break it a bit and then plant it in the dirt with the seedlings!
Made it? Tell us about it–