Remember making mud cakes as a kid? Well, we took it to the next level. They look good enough to eat, but trust me—you don't wanna eat them.
wood shavings/animal bedding
6 colors of craft paint
paper towels (the kind that look like fabric)
spray bottle filled with water
- Start by cutting out 6 circles in the craft paper. They should be a little smaller than your stand.
- In a bucket, mix wood shavings and glue water until you have a good firm consistency.
- Divide the mixture into 6 equal parts and add a bit of craft paint to each.
- Add a layer of wood shavings to the cake stand and place paper towels on top.
- Spritz with water. It should be wet but not soaked.
- Place a craft circle on top and continue with all the layers and colors.
- Finish with a layer of wood shavings and some flowers.
You can find wood shavings or animal bedding at your local pet store.
Made it? Tell us about it–