if you can't find angelfish, any firm white fish will be delicious here.
For the kababs:
11⁄2 lbs freshly filleted white firm fish, in 18 cubes
2 tablespoons fish masala spice
salt and pepper, to taste
vegetable oil, for frying
For the bokkom sambal:
1 small onion, finely diced
2 fillets anchovies, finely diced
1 hard boiled egg, white, yolk finely diced
handful of fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
handful of fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
fresh lemon juice
full cream yogurt
fresh spinach leaves
- Make the fish: Skewer 3 cubes each onto 6 bamboo skewers.
- Dust each generously with fish masala and fry in a skillet for a couple of minutes each side until just cooked.
- Dress with freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Make the bokkom sambal: Mix all the chopped ingredients together until well blended. Dress with lemon juice and set aside until plating.
- Add a spoonful of yogurt to each plate.
- op with the freshly pan-fried angel fish skewers and some spinach leaves.
- Add a spoonful of bokkom sambal. Top with edible flowers and serve.
Made it? Tell us about it–