I love serving this with cheese—especially a ripe Camembert or a strong blue cheese.
MAKES 1 1⁄2 CUPS
11⁄2 cups apple cider vinegar
11⁄2 cups sugar
11⁄2 lbs apples, I suggest Granny Smiths
3 tablespoons lemon juice
3 tablespoons orange juice
1 inch ginger, peeled and finely chopped
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup golden raisins
grated zest from 1 lemon
grated zest from 1 orange
- Bring vinegar and sugar to boil in a pot.
- Boil until the sugar is dissolved.
- Peel and core the apples and cut them into small cubes.
- Add the apples to the pot with ginger, lemon and orange juice, salt, golden raisins, and citrus zests.
- Let the mixture simmer for 45 minutes.
- Cool and pour into jars.
- The chutney keeps in the fridge for 1 week.
Made it? Tell us about it–