The richness of the quail eggs are perfect with the fresh asparagus and spicy dressing.
1 bunch small asparagus (the thinner the better!)
leaves from one bunch of celery
8 quail eggs, boiled for 1 1⁄2 minutes, peeled, and cut in half
5 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon lemon juice
pinch of red chili flakes
- Bring a large pot of water to boil.
- Add 1 teaspoon salt.
- Break off the lower part of the asparagus (it will break naturally where it’s tough).
- Boil for tops of the asparagus 30 seconds, and place in a bowl filled with ice water.
- Drain, and place asparagus on plates with the celery leaves.
- Add boiled quail eggs.
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil, lemon, and chili flakes, and season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle over the salad.
You can swap in regular chicken eggs if you prefer.
Made it? Tell us about it–