You're going to want to use this dressing on EVERYTHING!
2 carrots, peeled, thinly sliced, blanched, drained, and immediately dumped in an ice bath to stop cooking
1⁄2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
2 mangos, pitted and sliced (a mango seed remover helps greatly)
2 ripe avocados, pitted, peeled, and cubed
2 small red and orange sweet peppers, seeded and thinly sliced in rings
1 tablespoon red or white miso paste (freeze the rest for another time)
1⁄3 cup mirin
1⁄3 cup water
1 tablespoon sugar
1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
Add on top at end:
1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
1 handful fresh mint, torn
- Prepare first 5 ingredients (you can do this in advance for all but the avocado) in a large bowl.
- Make dressing by combining and whisking all ingredients together.
- Right before serving, add the avocado and combine.
- Pour a portion of the dressing over it all and mix (you might not need all the dressing).
- Top with sesame seeds and mint and serve right away.
Made it? Tell us about it–