This is a Scandinavian treat that my mormor would make for a weeknight meal. The hard-boiled egg dressing is almost the cross between a pesto and a gribiche. It's so good! It's wonderful over boiled potatoes as well.
Food+styling by Paul Lowe | Photography by Ellen Silverman
Cod was a big thing in our family, we all loved it and still do. This sauce is my take on a Nordic classic.
2 tablespoons capers, finely chopped
2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
1⁄2 cup olive oil
salt & pepper to taste
4 cod filets, about 6 to 7 oz each
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Hard boil the eggs, peel them, and place the egg yolks in a bowl.
- Mash them with a fork.
- Add capers, parsley, and olive oil.
- Stir well and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the fish on a rimmed baking tray and drizzle with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for about 12 to 15 minutes, or until the cod is flaky.
- Serve warm with the dressing, potatoes, and carrots.
Made it? Tell us about it–