These are the most delicious treats you'll ever have! A light beer batter, rich and buttery avocado interior, and the punch of chunky sea salt! I know, sounds like overkill, but you just wait and taste... Heaven!
3 ripe avocados
11⁄3 cup beer
1 cup all-purpose flour
vegetable oil, for frying
- Peel the avocados and cut them in 4 pieces.
- In a large bowl mix together beer and flour until it becomes a smooth batter.
- Heat the oil to 365oF in a large pot
- Working in batches, toss two avocado wedges in the batter at a time, and then put them into the pot.
- Fry them, turning once, for about 1 to 2 minutes. They should be golden.
- Transfer with a slotted spoon to paper towels to drain.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Serve while warm.
Made it? Tell us about it–