It not only looks amazing but tastes divine!
12 beets, in as many different colors as you can find.
1 lb soft goat cheese
salt and pepper, to taste
glug of olive oil
edible flowers for garnish,
any kind flaky salt, for finishing
- Cook the beets in boiling water until soft. This will take about 30 minutes.
- Peel and let cool.
- Slice very thinly.
- Line 1 or 2 bread tins with plastic wrap, leaving some overhang to fold over once the terrine is completed.
- Start layering the beets and goat cheese as if you were making a lasagna, seasoning with salt and pepper and a small drizzle of olive oil between layers. Start with the lighter colored beets first, followed by a layer of goat cheese.
- Continue to layer beets in darker colors with the goat cheese.
- End with a layer of beets.
- Cover with plastic and place something heavy like a can on top.
- Leave in the fridge overnight.
- Unwrap and slice with a sharp knife into bite sizes.
- Sprinkle with salt and add pistachios and flowers.
Try to find as many colors and shades of beets as possible!
Made it? Tell us about it–