I always loved beets. When I was a kid I loved pickled beets on more or less everything. I could eat them directly from the jar. I know, strange kid! I still love beets, but you might be happy to know that I have stopped eating them directly from the jar. Now I'm more likely to use them in something like this. My take on the classical Bosch soup. Can be served hot or cold, I prefer cold.
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
1 carrot, finely chopped
1 leak, only the white part, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons dill, chopped
4 cups chicken stock
6 large beets, roasted, peeled and chopped
1/2 cup sour cream
- Heat the oil in a pan and sauté onion, carrot and leak until soft.
- Add dill and stock and bring to a boil.
- Add the beets and let the soup simmer for 15 minutes.
- Pour the soup into a blender and whiz until smooth.
- Taste with salt and pepper.
Made it? Tell us about it–