Makes 8 necklaces
1 package active dry yeast
1/4 cup warm water
1 teaspoon honey
1 cup warm water
3 cups plain flour
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons olive oil
48 cherry or grape tomatoes
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast and honey in 1/4 cup of water.
- Let stand until bubbly, about 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, 1 cup of water, yeast mixture, salt and olive oil.
- Mix well until it becomes a smooth dough.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rise for 2 hours.
- Knead the dough and cut into 64 pieces.
- Roll each piece into a ball.
- Transfer to a baking sheet.
- Spray with a little water.
- Bake at 390˚F until golden, about 15 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Using a bamboo skewer, poke a hole in each of the bread balls and thread them on a kitchen string.
- Make holes in the tomatoes and string them on. Use firm tomatoes, otherwise it will all be a big mess.
- Tie and your necklace is ready to be used and eaten.
Made it? Tell us about it–