I love a thin crispy cookie with a great snap. Even better when it’s extra buttery. My family recipe calls for potato flour, which gives these cookies an extra depth of flavor. Since butter is the star of this show, you should be sure to use the best quality available.
MAKES 30 COOKIES
9 tablespoons Vermont Creamery unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup sugar
Grated zest from 1 organic lemon
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup potato flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
4 teaspoons ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl, mix butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add lemon, flour, potato flour, baking powder, and ginger, and mix it well together until it forms a smooth dough.
- Divide the dough into 3 pieces. Roll each piece into a tube shape, and divide the tubes into 10 pieces each.
- Roll each piece to a ball, and place on a parchment-covered baking sheet.
- Use a fork to press gently down on each ball.
- Bake for 9 to 10 minutes. The cookies should be golden brown on the edges.
- Cool on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container.
Made it? Tell us about it–