I love a good chowder, and this one is sweet, creamy, and satisfying.
You will need:
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 small yellow onion
1 large potato
1 small carrot, peeled and finely chopped
1 leek, only the white, chopped
2 cups fresh corn kernels
4 cups vegetable stock
1 cup cream
salt & pepper, to taste
The meat of 2 cooked lobsters, chopped
2 tablespoons fresh dill
- Heat the oil in a large pot.
- Sauté onion, potatoes, carrots, and leeks until the onion is soft.
- Add corn and stock and let the soup simmer for 15 minutes.
- Pour ¾ of the soup into a blender and process until smooth. Pour back into the pot and add cream.
- Bring to a boil and then let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the lobster and dill.
- Serve the soup as soon as the lobster is warm.
Made it? Tell us about it–