My mormor in Norway would always put bits of smoked fish in the hearty and wonderful corn chowder she would make for our family. This is rich and creamy and tastes like home to me!
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 small yellow onion
1 large potato
1 leek, chopped (only the white parts)
2 cups fresh corn kernels
2 oz smoked trout, no bones
4 cups vegetable stock
1 cup cream
salt and pepper, to taste
4 oz smoked trout, in pieces
- Heat oil in a large pot.
- Sauté onion, potatoes, and leeks until the onion is soft.
- Add corn, trout, and stock, and let the soup simmer for 30 minutes.
- Pour most of the soup into a blender and process until smooth
- Pour back into the pot and add cream.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve in bowl with the smoked trout and dill.
Made it? Tell us about it–