These are not just pretty to look at, but they taste amazing too. Adding rice wine vinegar instead of lemon juice to the avocado makes it taste even better. Wanna a low carb version? Just swap the bread for a lettuce cup.
8 ounces lump crab meat
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
salt and pepper
2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
10 slices good white bread
2 tablespoons butter
6 breakfast radishes, thinly sliced
- In a bowl, mix crab, mayo, and chives, and season with salt and pepper.
- In another bowl, mix avocado and rice wine vinegar with a fork until chunky.
- Use a cookie cutter or a glass to press out circles in the bread.
- Butter the bread on both sides, and fry until golden.
- Arrange the bread on a platter, and top with avocado, crab, and radishes.
Thirty minutes before serving, slice the radishes, and and place them in ice water. They become really crispy and mild.
Made it? Tell us about it–