A beautiful crisp-bread like this is served on every fall table in Germany. The homemade cracker is made of four simple ingredients, flour, salt, water, and olive oil! It's great with any kind of cheese and I like to serve with nuts, sausage, marmalade and jam too.
2 cups all purpose flour
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup water
- Mix flour, salt, oil, and water in a bowl, mix until smooth.
- Leave it for at least 5 hours or better still overnight.
- Preheat oven to 370°F.
- Roll out on parchment paper and use a sharp knife to cut out a crown shape.
- Decorate with small balls of the dough, be creative.
- Bake for about 30 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
Great with any kind of cheese!
Made it? Tell us about it–