My favorite brunch food ever!
You will need:
2 tablespoons butter
1 1/2 tablespoon plain flour
1 cup warm milk
salt and pepper
8 thick slices of good bread
8 slices ham
4 oz grated gruyere cheese
4 fried eggs, sunny side up
- Melt the butter in a small pan and add the flour.
- Stir for about a minute, don't let it go dark.
- Add the milk, a little at a time, stirring until you have a smooth sauce. If it's to thick, just add some more milk.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oven to 400F.
- Place 4 slices of bread on a baking tray covered with parchment paper.
- Add some sauce, ham, cheese and another piece of bread.
- Bake in the oven until golden.
- Serve hot with more sauce and a fried egg on top.
Made it? Tell us about it–