Such a fun way to serve a brownie. Bake a large one, top with ice cream, nuts, and caramel sauce, and let everyone dig in.
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 tablespoons caramel sauce (I use store bought for this.)
4 tablespoons quality dark, baking cocoa
1/2 teaspoon baking soda pinch of salt
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
ice cream, for serving slivered almonds, toasted, for serving
caramel sauce, for serving
- Preheat oven to 325oF. Grease a 9-inch cast-iron pan with butter and set aside.
- In large bowl, mix butter and sugar until light and creamy. Add eggs, vanilla, and caramel sauce, and mix well.
- In a smaller mixing bowl, combine cocoa, baking soda, salt, and flour. Slowly add to wet mixture, stirring until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cast-iron pan.
- Bake until set, about 25 minutes.
- Cool a little, and serve with ice cream, toasted almonds, and caramel sauce.
Made it? Tell us about it–