We've seen brownies a hundred times, but let's have it for the one hundred and first time! Add some chai, and this traditional treat has a whole new twist.
2 sticks butter
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon nut oil
2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup powdered chai latte
1/2 cup hazelnuts
FOR THE CHAI TEA CARAMEL:
1 cup sugar
1 cup heavy cream
1 pinch salt
1 tablespoon chai powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a pot over low heat, melt together butter and white chocolate chips. Set aside.
- In the meantime, whip up eggs; add salt, white sugar, and brown sugar, and slowly stir in the nut oil, followed by the butter-chocolate mixture.
- Mix together the flour and chai latte powder, and add it to the creamed butter mixture.
- Butter a baking pan, and spread in the batter about 11/2-inches thick. Bake for 45–50 minutes.
- In a pan, roast hazelnuts over medium-high heat for a couple of minutes, watching closely that they don’t burn. When cool, coarsely crush the hazelnuts.
- For the caramel: pour sugar into a frying pan and caramelize over medium heat.
- As the sugar starts to brown, very slowly add the heavy cream. Don’t rush this process. Keep stirring until the caramel is smooth and glossy, about 2 minutes. Finally add the salt and the chai powder.
- Once the brownies are out of the oven, decorate them with hazelnuts, and drizzle caramel on top. Serve warm.
Made it? Tell us about it–