It’s so easy to make it more or less makes itself in the fridge.
You will need:
1 side of the best quality wild salmon, skin left on
1 large bunch dill, chopped finely
2 tablespoons pink peppercorns, crushed slightly in a mortar
1⁄2 cup white sugar
1⁄2 cup Maldon salt
3 tablespoons cognac or vodka
- Mix dill, peppercorns, sugar, and salt in a bowl.
- Lay salmon out on a flat dish and press mixture onto the fish, patting it down firmly as you go.
- Slowly pour the liquor over the fish, then cover with plastic wrap.
- Place in the fridge for 48 hours, turning every 12 hours.
- Slice thinly and serve with sweet mustard and 2 tablespoons of chopped dill on top.
- Use a cookie cutter to make the bread trees.
Serve with sweet mustard with dill and dark bread cut into the shape of trees with a cookie cutter.
Made it? Tell us about it–