Lestat, my french bulldog loves these snacks. He gets one every time he has been a very good boy.
Makes about 20 treats
2 tablespoons canola oil
1⁄2 cup peanut butter (all-natural or organic)
1 cup water
1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
1 1⁄2 cups white flour
peanut butter, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl combine canola oil, peanut butter and water.
- Add both types of flour, and work the dough together.
- Wrap in plastic and leave it for around 30 minutes.
- Knead dough into a firm ball and roll to 1⁄4 inch thickness.
- Use a small glass or cookie cutter and cut out small circles.
- Place on a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle with peanuts, and press them lightly into mixture.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Store in a jar with a tight lid.
- When your dog has been good, sandwich a little peanut butter between two cookies and serve.
You can also make these without the peanut butter.
Made it? Tell us about it–