The white balsamic dressing on this bean salad is amazing! Love the combo of edamame, asparagus,
and lima beans! So fresh!
1 cup edamame, shelled
1 cup lima beans
2 green onions, minced
1 cup charred asparagus
white balsamic vinaigrette to taste
1⁄4 cup Gruyère cheese, shaved
1 cup asparagus, chopped into 1⁄4-inch pieces
2 tablespoons olive oil
sea salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
red chili pepper flakes, to taste
White balsamic vinaigrette:
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons sea salt
1 tablespoon fresh ground pepper
1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
3 cloves garlic, pressed
3⁄4 cup olive oil
4 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- For the salad Remove peas from shells and cook in boiling salted water.
- After 2 to 4 minutes, transfer them to a bath of ice water to stop the cooking process.
- Repeat step 1 for both the edamame and lima beans.
- In a large bowl, combine peas, edamame, lima beans, green onions, and charred asparagus.
- Using a wooden spoon, mix in desired amount of white balsamic vinaigrette.
- Top with shaved Gruyère cheese. Serve cold.
- For the asparagus, Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and spray generously with cooking spray.
- Arrange asparagus in a line (without overlapping) and drizzle olive oil evenly over arrangement.
- Sprinkle sea salt, fresh ground pepper, and red chili pepper flakes evenly over asparagus.
- When desired level of charred is achieved (approximately 8 to 12 minutes) remove from oven and set aside.
- For the dressing, Combine sugar, Dijon mustard, sea salt, fresh ground pepper, cumin, cayenne pepper, and garlic with a fork to create a paste.
- Using a whisk, mix in the olive oil and white balsamic vinegar.
- Refrigerate, and use for up to 1 week.
Made it? Tell us about it–