A simple eggnog flavored sugar pie tart with a decadent sugar cookie crust!
One 10-11 inch tart
You will need:
Sugar Cookie Crust:
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup room temperature butter
1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 cups eggnog
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 400F.
- Combine all crust ingredients in a bowl and mix until a crust forms. You can use a stand mixer if you like.
- Press crumbly dough into the bottom of a 10-11 inch tart pan. Get the dough up the sides too.
- Blind-bake the crust for about 10-12 minutes, remove from oven, and allow to cool completely.
- For the filling, combine all filling ingredients in a bowl and mix well with a whisk.
- When the crust is cool, pour the filling inside and bake for about 30 minutes. The tart is done when it's set around the edges but still moves SLIGHTLY in the center when you jiggle it.
- Allow tart to cool on a wire rack and then transfer to the fridge for at least an hour before serving.
- Serve with a nice dollop of whipped cream!
You might want to put foil around the edges of the pan to protect the crust from getting too dark.
Made it? Tell us about it–