2 tablespoons soya butter
1 red chili, deseeded and chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
2 medium white onions. chopped
2 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp each of turmeric cumin and cinnamon
5 and a half oz of new potatoes, halved
1 15 oz can mixed beans
1 45oz can chopped tomatoes
1/4 pint vegetable stock
2 cups cubed butternut squash
salt and pepper
1 small bunch fresh spinach, coarsely chopped
1/4 cup chopped cashews
- Melt the soya butter in a large saucepan and add the chili, garlic and onions
- Fry for 3-4 minutes until they get soft.
- Add all the spices and the potatoes.
- Fry another minute. Note the wonderful Christmas smell.
- Stir in the tomato with the juice and the vegetable stock.
- Bring to the boil, reduce heat and cover the pan.
- Simmer for ten minutes, then add the beans and squash then give it another ten minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Right before serving add spinach and cashews.
- Eat it with some crusty bread for the juice.
Made it? Tell us about it–