I often get the question; What can I serve as a little something at a party? My go-to dish is always bruschetta. It's so easy to make, you don't have to slave in the kitchen for hours and everyone likes it. This version is made with pate, port wine cooked shallots and figs. But you can make them with something as easy as chopped tomatoes and basil. I always serve these with some sparkling wine. I know it's monday and not really a party day, but hey.....
Serves 12 as an appetizer
1 tablespoon butter
3 large shallots, thinly sliced
1 cup ruby port wine
6 slices of good bread
200 g pate
8 figs, quartered
- Melt butter in a small skillet.
- Saute the shallots until soft.
- Add port, peppercorns and bay leaves.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until liquid is reduced to a thick syrup.
- Toast the bread and top with pate.
- Cut in half.
- Serve with the shallots and figs.
It should be a little party everyday, right?
Made it? Tell us about it–