- Cream butter and sugar in a bowl of an electric mixer.
- Add yolks, and mix to combine.
- Add flour and cornmeal, mix just until it comes together loosely.
- Wrap in plastic and chill for at least 30 minutes, until firm.
- Butter a 24 cm tart tin.
- Roll out dough between two pieces of plastic wrap.
- Discard the top wrap and gently invert over the tart tin.
- Press into the tin and trim the edges.
- Prick with a fork.
- Chill for 30 minutes.
- Bake the pie at 180C, 350F for about 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Beat cream cheese until soft.
- Add créme fraiche and sugar, and beat until mixture is smooth.
- Spread filling in the crust and add the figs.
- Cool for 30 minutes and serve.
Made it? Tell us about it–