A perfect way to save extra fresh herbs from the garden or the grocery! Presented by my friends at EcoScraps!
This is the easiest way to save herbs from your garden or the grocery store! I love to use this technique with herbs like rosemary, cilantro, parsley, thyme, basil, sage, and oregano. It’s so easy to just pop a herb cube into a pan and cook with the fresh flavor of herbs whenever you want!
you will need:
herbs from your garden or leftover herbs from the grocery
olive oil, no need for the fancy stuff
ice cube trays
plastic freezer bags
- Wash your herbs well and pat them dry.
- Take the leaves from the stems and roughly chop.
- Fill each compartment of the ice cube tray with herbs.
- Fill each compartment with olive oil.
- Freeze several hours until completely solid.
- Empty the cubes into freezer bags, label the bags, and store them in the freezer.
- Repeat until you have all your herbs frozen.
This is a great way to freeze and store pesto as well!
Made it? Tell us about it–