THIS & THAT
My friend and fab photographer Alexandra Grablewski turned me on to this classicFrench sauce. It gets a salty taste from the anchovy, but it's not too fishy. Perfect for crudite, french fries, or as a topping for a burger.
MAKES ABOUT ½ CUP
2 anchovy filets
1 large egg yolk
1 tablespoon fresh
½ teaspoon dijon mustard
1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- On a chopping board, mince together garlic and anchovy to a paste.
- In a bowl, mix together egg yolk, lemon, and mustard.
- Pour the oil in drops at first while whisking. Add a little more at a time and whisk in well.
- Add the garlic/anchovy paste and mix well.
- Season with pepper to taste.
- Keeps in the fridge for 4–5 days.
Made it? Tell us about it–