A wonderful silky flan with cozy gingerbread flavor!
1 1/2 cup sugar, divided
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
pinch of ground nutmeg
6 large eggs
1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
1 13-ounce evaporated milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Place 1 cup sugar, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg in a saucepan, and melt the sugar over medium heat until dark brown.
- Pour the sugar into a round, 9-inch baking dish.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, whip eggs, milk, remaining 1/2 cup sugar, and vanilla.
- Pour mixture into the prepared dish, and place the dish in a larger baking pan.
- Pour hot water into the larger pan to a depth of 2 inches.
- Bake for about 40 to 45 minutes. Do not over bake, or it will get a bit dry.
- The flan is ready when a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool. Once cool place in fridge for 1 hour.
- Place a serving dish over the flan and turn it over. Remove the baking dish. Serve as is or top with whipped cream.
Made it? Tell us about it–