In our house my Mormor (grandmother in Norwegian) was a great cook, but when it came to the holiday cookies my Great Aunt Gunvor ruled supreme. I don't know what it was, but all her holiday cookies were just AMAZING, full of butter, sugar, spices, and LOVE. After krumkake, goro was my favorite cookie. It's not a very sweet cookie, but it tastes like Norway and the holidays to me. I'm sure you'll love them too!
Makes about 40
You will need:
1 large egg
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup whipped heavy cream
1/2 teaspoon cardamom
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup melted butter
2 3/4 all-purpose flour
- In a baking bowl whisk egg and sugar light and creamy.
- Add the whipped cream, cardamom and vanilla, Mix well
- Stir in butter and flour and mix until you have a smooth dough.
- Wrap in plastic and let it rest at least 8 hours in the fridge.
- Heat up your iron on medium heat.
- Place 1 teaspoon of the dough in each compartment and press down. Remove any dough that presses out of the iron.
- Turn the iron over after 30 seconds and bake it for another 30 sec.
- Remove with a shape knife to a wire rack.
- Store in an airtight container after they are cold.
Made it? Tell us about it–