Such a fresh and tasty syrup with a wonderful color. Great mixed with sparkling wine for a punch or 7Up for a mocktail!
I'm channeling my Scandinavian heritage for this fabulous syrup that can be used to enhance your favorite SUMMER SIPPERS! I developed this recipe for my friends atSons of Norway's Viking Magazine. Read about my Summer Sippers story HERE.
Makes 1 cup syrup, serves 6-8
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
2 pink grapefruits, peeled and chopped
10 pink peppercorns
sprig of fresh thyme
Alcohol suggestion: Tequila
- In a small saucepan combine sugar, water, grapefruit, thyme and pink peppercorns.
- Bring to a boil and stir well until the sugar is dissolved.
- Let simmer for 5 min, cool.
- Drain the syrup though a sifter, so you just have the liquid.
- Serve 2-3 tablespoons over ice with 7 Up. Garnish with fresh thyme and grapefruit rind.
- To make a cocktail simply add 2 cl tequila to each glass and serve.
Made it? Tell us about it–