So My dear readers, this Monday I'm giving you something new and quite exciting. A food video. These will pop up from time to time. I was lucky enough to be able to make this with photographer Colin Cooke, Thanks Colin. It's a lot of work, but great fun to make these little videos.
Makes 2 pizzas
2 teaspoons dry yeast
1 1/3 cup lukewarm water
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 1/2 cups plain flour
1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
1 clove garlic, chopped
1 cup parmesan, grated
2 cups basil
1/2 cup olive oil
1 small squash
8 large slices prosciutto
1 cup crumbled goat cheese
10 large basil leafs, teared
- So, start with the dough. Mix yeast and water in a bowl and leave for 5 minutes
- Add honey, salt, oil and flour. Mix until you have a smooth dough. Cover with plastic wrap and let it rise for at least 1 hour.
- Get your grill going, remember it needs to be really hot. You will need a clean grill rack for this, so clean it well if it's old and gritty.
- Place all your pesto ingredients on a cutting board and chop it until it's all chopped well together. Place in a bowl and add the olive oil. Mix well.
- Slice the squash, toss in oil and grill 1 minute on each side. Set aside.
- Divide your dough in two and place it on a well greased parchment paper. Press it out using your fingers and coat it with a layer of olive oil.
- Flip the paper upside down on your grill and slowly remove the paper. Let the pizza grill for 3 minutes.
- Take it off and place it on the paper.
- Add pesto, squash, prosciutto and goat cheese.
- Slide the pizza of the paper onto the grill and grill for another 3 minutes.
- Take it off, add basil, cut in pieces and enjoy.
Easy and fun to make, and I tell you that crust is amazing!
Made it? Tell us about it–