I have two French Bulldogs, Hugo and Lestat. Lestat is an older gentleman: 14 years old to be precise. He’s deaf and has lost a bunch of teeth, but other than that, he is in very good health. I've added yogurt and coconut oil to his diet, to keep him in shape and help his joints. I came up with these treats that both dogs love. The recipe is so easy, and I must admit: I’ve eaten a few myself too. Not bad!
Makes 10 Large Treats
1 cup whole-wheat flour
1/4 rolled oats
1/4 cup plain yogurt
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup mild cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl, and mix everything together until smooth. Add a little water if the dough seems too dry.
- Roll out dough flat on a floured surface. Use a large cookie cutter or a glass to cut out circles.
- Transfer shapes to the parchment-lined baking sheet, and bake until all cookies are dry, about 12 to 15 minutes.
- Cool and store in a jar with a tight lid. These treats can be easily broken into smaller pieces.
Made it? Tell us about it–