Talk about healthy! Massaging honey into the kale makes it sweet and tender—it really makes the whole salad. Love this one with BBQ chicken.
You will need:
1 bunch kale
2 tablespoons honey
1 cup blueberries
1⁄3cup pine nuts, toasted
20 mint leaves
4 tablespoons olive oil
salt and pepper, to taste
- Cut the stalks off the kale and cut into bite sizes.
- Place in a bowl and add the honey.
- Use your fingers to massage the honey into the kale. This brakes up the kale fibers and makes it much more tender.
- Cut off the peel of the orange and segment the flesh.
- Add orange, blueberries, pine nuts, and mint to the kale.
- Drizzle oil overtop and mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Don’t forget salt and pepper, always add them to salad to up the taste factor.
Made it? Tell us about it–